Coffee machine in the office – choose the right one
Nowadays, the market offers many models of coffee machines that differ both in price and functionality. Typically, office devices are selected that meet several criteria:
Functionality – the simpler the coffee machine operations, the better. Most companies prefer to choose automatic devices in the office, which enables the minimum amount of time spent preparing a drink. Additional functions are also considered, for example, the ability to prepare a cappuccino or two cups of espresso at the same time.
Productivity – how much coffee can be poured at once, how much water to pour. For a large office, machines with high performance are preferred.
Reliability and guarantee – before agreeing on the purchase of a coffee machine, it is important for any office manager to understand how expensive it might cost in the future. For example, if frequent replacement of filters is required and whether manufacturers provide a guarantee for the device and its maintenance.
Several types of coffee machines have different purposes and price segments. The main difference is what type of coffee is used for preparation: ground, beans or capsules.
- Automatic machines: The most popular and versatile. With this machine, you can prepare aromatic espresso or cappuccino, if you have a built-in function for foaming milk. There are standard machines that prepare one cup of coffee at a time, and there are machines that can prepare 2 or more cups at the same time. Both coffee beans and ground coffee can be used to make coffee. The best solution will be a grain-type coffee machine.
- Capsules machines: Convenient and easy to use. The number of steps that need to be performed to make coffee is reduced to a minimum. The coffee capsule is placed in the coffee machine, after which an aromatic drink is prepared under a pressure of 15-19 bar. Used capsules are placed in a special container that can be easily removed and cleaned. One capsule makes one cup of coffee. The big disadvantage is waste. That’s why we developed the first coffee capsule made from 100% renewable resources.
- 100% bio-based & easily compostable
- Free of aluminium and microplastic
- Compatible with Nespresso® machines
The wood fibres are obtained from residues, like sawdust, produced by the wood industry. The wood originates from sustainable forestry (PEFC) and is not chemically processed. The coffee capsules are formed by an injection moulding process using PLA, a 100% plant-based polymer as a co-compound.
- Filter or drip coffee makers are recognized for their low cost and ease of making coffee. Ground coffee is poured into a tank with a filter mesh, and water heated to 88-95 degrees Celsius passes through it and the drink enters the coffee pot in drops. Such a device automatically prepares coffee and turns off after filling the container. One coffee pot can be enough for 4-5 cups. Filter/drip coffee makers are easy to operate and require little maintenance.
For offices of up to 20-25 people automatic machines, capsule machines or drip coffee makers are all suitable. For a large office with more than 50 employees, it is worth considering choosing a coffee machine with high performance and the ability to prepare several cups of coffee at the same time.
Many companies now provide the opportunity to rent coffee machines. They will bring, install the device completely free of charge, and you will only have to buy coffee.
Depending on the type of coffee machine chosen, it is important choosing the right coffee.
Coffee - choose the right one
There are 3 types of coffee - beans, capsules and ground, which can be used in coffee machines.
Grain (beans) is considered the best of the types, as freshly ground coffee has the strongest enchanting aroma. When choosing coffee beans, you should pay attention to the degree of roasting. Strong roasting gives the finished drink bitterness and leaves a pronounced aftertaste of roasted grains. Medium roasting provides a rich taste with slight sourness and bright aroma while light roasting will accentuate the drink with a soft saturation and a distinct sourness.
Coffee capsules - convenient packaging of coffee in sealed foil packaging. Pressed ground coffee is placed in the capsule, about 7-8 grams. One capsule equals one cup of coffee. Now manufacturers produce capsules containing from 4 grams up to 10 grams. Not all capsules are interchangeable and fit any capsule coffee machine.
Ground coffee is a common type of coffee. When choosing ground coffee, you should pay attention to the degree of roasting of the beans and the combination of varieties. Sold in sealed packages.
You can experiment and change coffee brands until you find the perfect one for you and your colleagues.
How to calculate how much coffee you need
Coffee consumption will differ depending on the number of employees. On average, one person drinks 2 cups of coffee per day, but some drink 5-6 cups.
What needs to be done is simple calculations:
- Determine the total number of employees in the office.
- You can conduct a survey with colleagues and find out who actually drinks coffee and how much.
- It is also important to consider the number of people who come to your office (clients, visitors etc.). How many potential clients come to you per day? 2-3 people or 10? Do you offer coffee to everyone?
What is important to know when calculating:
- The number of employees who drink coffee and how much.
- One cup of coffee consumes approximately 8 grams of coffee.
- On average, 1 employee drinks 2 cups of coffee per day
Based on this data, the amount of coffee per month for the office is calculated.
If you need help with the individual coffee concept for your office, we are here for you.